Have you ever wished there was someone else who could answer all of the thousands of questions your child asks you each day? The ones you don’t know the answer to. Well, there is. Her name is Alexa, and she can make a lot easier for moms. Today I’m going to offer you 200+ FREE printable of kid-friendly Alexa commands to get you started with your Echo Device. I’ll also give you the top 5 reasons why you’ll love your Alexa commands.
A Home With Alexa Commands
Alexa, set a timer for 30 minutes? Alexa, what is the weather this week? or Alexa, Play Snake Farm by Ray Willie Hubbard. Within the first day of having Alexa in our home, we knew that we loved Alexa: Echo Dot Kids Edition.
The thought of bringing another device not to mention another “woman” into our home made me cringe because one of my pet peeves is the drama that happens when I say device time is over. I did not want to add any friction to our days.
It did not take long before I realized that Alexa does not cause the drama that screen devices cause in a family. In fact, Alexa brings humor and joy and efficiency. Who wouldn’t want a new family member that can do all of these things but doesn’t require feeding, bathing, or laundry?
Why Mom Loves Alexa Commands:
The main reasons I love Alexa: Echo Dot Kids Edition is because I can call on her without having to go to her or press a button, my kids are getting experience with living in a Smart Home, and the free 1-year subscription to FreeTime Unlimited is worth the price of purchase alone. Not to mention, I have an appreciation for the Drop-In feature. You can use Echo Dot like an intercom so you can communicate with your kids even when you’re on different floors!
Above all, my 5 and 3-year-old are able to give Alexa commands, and she responds. They feel in control and the boss of somebody. They really feel in control when they control the lights, plugs, switches and more with compatible connected devices.
I got an Echo Plus for myself. Now that I have seen how much the kids enjoy theirs and how well they use it, I would be just fine with my child using the Echo Plus as well. Thankfully, all Echo devices come with the Parent Dashboard, so you can make it just as safe as the Kids Edition.
Alexa Truly Is a Part of the Family
One day, as we were driving along, Jock, our oldest son, said, “Mom, I love you, and Ryder and Alexa so much!”
On another day, I was tired of picking up toys, and I said sarcastically, “Alexa, will you please clean this house?” She responded, “If I had hands, I would gladly help. I do have a playlist that could turn this chore into something fun. If you want to hear it, say play songs for cleaning the house. And by the way, thank you for asking so nicely.”
5 Reasons Why You Will Love Alexa: Your Echo Dot Kids Edition
1. Alexa will read to you.
- Alexa can access and read more than 1000 children’s books from Audible.
- She can read your books from Kindle.
- The benefits of being read aloud to whether you are little or big are endless. Starting with vocabulary and ending with building awareness and empathy along with social skills. I don’t think you would argue against the statement that this feature is priceless.
2. Alexa will play the music you request.
- The Amazon Echo allows you to stream music from pretty much any source you want.
- You can use Amazon Prime Music, choose your favorite radio station, Pandora, or IHeartRadio.
- You can pair Alexa with your phones such as Google Play Music or Apple Music using Bluetooth and stream anything from your phone.
- Alexa can do Disney sing-alongs.
- Since music is so important to children and they love it so much, this feature alone is worth the purchase for me.
3. Alexa will tell time, set timers, and save time.
- Alexa can tell you what time it is. Surprisingly, you can even ask her to convert time zones.
- She can be your alarm clock, your stopwatch or your timer.
- Alexa saves you time because you can ask her almost any question you would ask Google and you don’t have to pick up a device and type anything in.
- You can create a routine or schedule and she will give you reminders throughout the day to keep you on track.
4. You can ask Alexa to tell jokes or play games.
- Alexa will tell jokes, riddles, knock-knocks, and she can do them by theme.
- Our favorite games are Simon Says, Amazon Math, Batman’s Heroic Adventure, Ben 10 and especially Funny Fill-In.
- There are games you have to go into your parent dashboard and enable such as The Magic Door, Would You Rather Family, Jeopardy, Mighty Trivia and more.
- Many of the games get your child up and moving.
5. The parent dashboard is Very well thought out.
- There are settings to be sure your kids only listen to what you believe to be appropriate.
- You can set daily times Alexa can be used.
- You are able to review interactions your children have with Alexa, transcripts are available on both the Amazon and Alexa dashboards.
- Alexa provides positive feedback when kids use manners such as please and thank you.
- You can filter out X-Rated Lyrics.
- There are directions of commands to give, games to play, and skills Alexa can do.
- The dashboard is simple and easy to use.
- You can approve certain friends and family contacts for access to messages and call them outside of the home. This is a GREAT emergency feature to teach kids.
Call to Action
As you can see the Echo Dot Kid’s Edition brings plenty of humor, joy, and efficiency into your home. Basically, it took us a while to figure out everything Alexa could do. I want to save you time, so I have created a Downloadable PDF containing 200 Kid-Friendly Alexa Commands. This list will get you and your family off to a great start with Alexa. This list will give your child plenty of ideas about what Alexa is capable of. Your child will be creating their own Alexa commands in no time.
I hope you and your family enjoy using the Kid-Friendly Alexa commands as much as we do. If you are intentional about using Alexa, it won’t take long for you to realize Alexa makes life easier.
I would love for you to comment and tell us what your family’s favorite Alexa command is.
Education Resources For You
- 10 Ways Intentional Parents Raise Confident Kids
- How To Send An Effective Email To Your Child’s Teacher: The Dos and Don’ts
- Lighting: How It Affects Your Child Physically, Mentally, and Academically
- 7 Shocking Facts About The Development Of Your Child’s Prefrontal Cortex
- Advocating for Your Child At School – Stay Involved!
- 10 Brilliant Tips To Help Your Child Thrive During Virtual Learning
- A List Of Parenting Resources: The Best Of The Best
- Peaceful Parent Happy Kids by Dr. Laura Markham: A Book Review
- Time To Parent by Julie Morgenstern: A Book Review
- 200 FREE Kid-Friendly Alexa Commands For Your Echo Device
Make it a great day or not, the choice is yours! Remember to have fun, laugh and give God the glory! I love you! SS